- I live less than ten minutes' drive from the agency.
- The agency is in a walkable downtown of a city.
- I like getting out of the house once a day anyway.
- Because my part-time work hours are in the evening, if I'm not available to transport, B usually is.
- When visits are scheduled during Rhinoceros's nap time and no other time can be found, the agency is willing to transport at least one way.
Library - One library branch is a short walk from the agency. We'd make routine visits here anyway, and a little under an hour is about perfect.
Museum - One child-friendly museum is a short walk away as well, so we have a membership and go regularly.
Lunch - Some of our visits have been during lunchtime, so we find a restaurant nearby and try to stretch it out to an hour (a little bit of a challenge with a 3-year-old, but we manage).
Farmer's Market - I wish there was one within walking distance because I hate getting in and out of the car, but it is a short, fun errand that I like to do in the summer.
Other errands - Occasionally we'll run a quick errand, but I try to avoid this because again it means getting in and out of the car so many times.
A snack and a walk - This is a new idea I tried out today. We picked up a pastry and coffee and crossed the river downtown, then back via two different bridges. Rhinoceros rode in the stroller some and walked some.
Honestly, I like the structure and miss it when we don't have a child placed with us. Though our house does get a lot cleaner, and it's nice to stay at the museum for longer than 45 minutes.