Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pterodactyl is 1

"It's Pterodactyl's birthday today!"*

This was the first thing Dinosaur said when he woke up.  B asked if he missed her sometimes, to which Dinosaur replied he did, and B said, "I... think about her sometimes, too."  Haha, B is not the sentimental type with babies, which is fine, because I'm sentimental enough for the both of us.

She's also a big sister.  I heard through the grapevine that the twins were born.  I wonder how things might have been different if her grandma had decided to stop accepting placement of her daughter's children before Pterodactyl rather than after.  She would still be with us and we would be in some sort of long-term case.  We wouldn't have had Beetle or Caterpillar.

I think about Pterodactyl a lot lately.  Maybe it was the upcoming birthday, or thinking about this season last year when she came to us, or that Caterpillar is at a similar developmental stage as Pterodactyl was when she left.

I can't decide if it's been too long since I've talked to her grandma to ask if we could do respite sometime or a visit at a park.  I just want to give her a hug and see that serious little face.

*Posting this not actually on her birthday for confidentiality.

No comments:

Post a Comment