Monday, March 23, 2015

Awkward moments in foster care - Religion question

Cricket recently had a medical procedure that involved getting her pre-registered over the phone with background information.  I was doing pretty well and shrugging off the questions that I didn't have answer to until we got to this one:


Person on phone: What is her religion?  It says Muslim.


Me: Oh!  Well, I think her dad is.  I mean Islam is the main religion in his country of origin.  But her mom talks about her Christian faith and wants me to teach her the Lord's Prayer, so...  And we pray with her a lot.  And we take her to a Christian church regularly, and her mom likes that we give her papers she's colored from there.  And-


Person on phone: Um, okay, I'm going to just write Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment