It was a tense week. Cricket's recovery from surgery was not a fun experience for anyone, though it didn't have any complications or anything. On top of that, the delay in sister's grandma's licensing went from a bit worrisome to a big concern. What would we do if the license came through while we were gone? How awful would it be for Cricket's trust in us if we said she was going for a visit then stayed there, even if it's a place she wants to be so she can be with her sister? I felt like I was concerned, B was concerned, her therapist was concerned, but her caseworker and GAL were not as responsive.
It took a bit more prodding, but I did get a firm date of when her license was sent to the state and that it really should come through this week, maybe the first week of April at the latest. So, with the caseworker we decided that when she went to sister's grandma's house Thursday, it would be a move, not respite. There is still a part of me that does not like telling her she's moving when the license isn't 100% there, but it is probably the best decision we can make here.
So, after this transition coming up but being on hold for so long, I suddenly have less than a week to get everything ready. I just finished her photo book besides two pictures I want to take and add tomorrow, but I've barely started packing. She has so many toys and books and little things scattered around the house, all needing organized before going to someone else. On top of that, we have packing for a weeklong spring break camping trip, which we have not started. Yikes. At least I think it'll keep me too busy to dwell too much on the goodbye.
Okay, who am I kidding, I'm still going to dwell as I'm packing. Note to self: pray instead of dwelling.